Senior Associate, Melbourne | BAeroEng(Hons), LLB, MIP Law
Direct +61 3 8662 7334
Jason joined FPA Patent Attorneys in 2013 after graduating from Monash University with a Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering (Hons) degree and a Bachelor of Laws degree. He completed his Master of Intellectual Property Law degree in 2016.
Jason enjoys a comprehensive patent attorney practice in the fields of mechanical engineering, manufacturing, machines, medical devices, and consumer products. He has a large patent drafting practice, and has run a number of substantive and procedural oppositions before the Australian patent office. Jason is involved in both foreign and local patent and design work, and has significant client management experience with some of the firm's larger domestic clients.
Whilst at Monash University, Jason conducted research into fluid flow visualisation techniques, such as particle image velocimetry. He also conducted research into supersonic jet nozzle design, particularly with the aim of minimising jet screech.
Prior to joining FPA Patent Attorneys, Jason was a research engineer at the Monash Injury Research Institute, Australia’s largest injury prevention research organisation. There he assisted on several projects aimed at improving motor vehicle safety.
Areas of expertise
• Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing
• Medical Devices
• Consumer Products
• Aerospace Engineering, Materials and Structures
• Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
• Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering (Hons), Monash University
• Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
• Master of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
• Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys
• Royal Aeronautical Society
• Law Institute of Victoria