Senior Associate, Sydney | BEng,(Hons), LLB
Direct +61 2 8267 3903
Alister joined FPA Patent Attorneys as a European qualified patent attorney in November 2015. His current practice includes all aspects of the preparation and prosecution of patent and design applications, as well as infringement, validity and FTO assessments.
Prior to joining the firm, Alister gained extensive experience in European and German patent prosecution at a premier European intellectual property law firm in Germany. During this time, a significant proportion of his practice involved both attacking and defending patents in oppositions before the European Patent Office.
Alister also has experience in preparing opinions on patent validity and infringement, due diligence evaluations of patent portfolios and providing support in cross-border litigation.
Whilst undertaking the Master of Intellectual Property Law at the University of Technology Sydney, Alister was awarded a prestigious student prize for best performing student in 2017 in the subject of Drafting of Patent Specifications.
• Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing
• Automotive Engineering
• Industrial and Manufacturing Equipment
• Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
• Aerospace Engineering
• Consumer Product and Design
• Medical Devices
• Medical Technologies
• Mining and Resources
• Building, Construction and Civil Engineering
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons), Monash University
• Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
• European qualifying examination, European Patent Office
• Currently completing a Masters of Intellectual Property Law, University of Technology, Sydney
• Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand