Senior Associate, Sydney | BEng(Elec & Telecom), MEng(Telecom), MIP Law
Direct +61 2 8267 3902
Akanksha is a registered Australian and New Zealand patent attorney specialising in electronics, telecommunications, electrical, and software engineering technologies.
Over the last 11 years, Akanksha has gained wide-ranging experience in patent prosecution, patent analytics, portfolio management by working for different types of outfits including IP service firms, a large multinational corporation, and patent attorney firms. She joined FPA Patent Attorneys in 2015.
Akanksha’s practice includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications in Australia and Internationally. She also has extensive experience in conducting infringement, validity, and freedom to operate assessments.
She enjoys working closely with local clients, which gives her the opportunity to help setup and manage internal IP processes for clients, educate engineers on the importance of IP, and help clients capture and assess their inventions.
Akanksha was awarded the prestigious Institute Prize for 2016 from the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA). IPTA is the peak industry body representing Australian registered patent attorneys. The Institute Prize is one of IPTA’s most prestigious and well-regarded awards with a long and distinguished history. It has always been awarded to a candidate who has shown excellence in the academic subjects leading to qualification as a patent attorney and who has shown that they have the potential to contribute substantially to the profession.
• Electronics, electrical and telecommunication technologies
• Software applications
• Quantum computing
• Electromagnetic motors
• Medical devices
• Digital processing devices
• Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics & Telecommunications), University of Pune, India
• Master of Engineering (Telecommunications), University of Melbourne
• Master of Intellectual Property Law, University of Technology, Sydney
• Institute of Patents and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
• Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand