Principal , Melbourne | BSc(Hons) Physics, MLS
Direct +61 3 8662 7355
Thor’s practice deals with all aspects of patent drafting and prosecution, patent validity and infringement advice. Thor also has a strong practice advising clients in relation to registered design protection.
Thor supports his clients with drafting and prosecuting patent applications and providing strategic advice on patent and registered design protection. He has experience advising clients in a wide range of technical disciplines with a focus on physics, signal processing, computing, consumer products and communications.
Thor is able to quickly engage with new technology, resulting in a deep understanding of his client’s inventions and business objectives so he can provide relevant and commercial advice. His clients include technology-driven Australian companies, mainly in the fields of physics, signal processing, computing, consumer products and communications.
Thor joined FPA Patent Attorneys in 1999 as a graduate and has worked in the Sydney and Melbourne offices of the firm. Thor also spent an extended period on secondment to one of his clients, which provided him with valuable insights into the manner in which IP issues are dealt with in the real business world.
Areas of expertise
• Analytical Instrumentation
• Medical Technologies
• Consumer Products and Designs
• Information and Communications Technology
• Electronic and Electrical Engineering
• Bachelor of Science (Hons) Physics, University of New South Wales
• Master of Legal Studies, University of Technology, Sydney
• Registered Patent Attorney (Australia)
• Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand)
• Fellow: Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia