Senior Associate , Melbourne | BE(Hons), PhD, MIP Law
Direct +61 3 8662 7352
Rory joined FPA Patent Attorneys in 2010 and is a registered patent attorney. His responsibilities include drafting of Australian and international patent applications, as well as the prosecution of patent applications both within and outside Australia. He also has experience in conducting freedom to operate, novelty and landscape patent searches.
Rory is interested in helping clients achieve their commercial goals through the protection of their intellectual property. To this end, he currently assists with the drafting and prosecution of Australian and foreign patent applications, as well as conducting patent searches.
Rory previously worked as an Environmental Engineer in the field of water and wastewater treatment. He has also had a successful research stint as a PhD student studying nanoparticle synthesis. This exposure to both industry and research gives him a well-rounded background that assists him to communicate with and understand the needs of his clients.
Areas of expertise
• Chemical and Materials Engineering
• Advanced Materials
• Industrial Chemistry
• Mining and Resources (mineral processing)
• Water and Wastewater Treatment
• Environmental Remediation
• Building, Construction and Civil Engineering
• Agribusiness & Agrochemicals
• Organic & Medicinal Chemistry
• Bachelor of Chemical and Materials Engineering (Hons), University of Auckland
• PhD (Chemical Engineering and Chemistry), University of Melbourne
• Master of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
• Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
• Joint Victorian Chemical Engineering Commitee